Thursday, April 22, 2010

Chocolate Banana Pie with Burnt Chockolate Chip Cookie Crust




I have been on a roll today. (Written a few weeks ago ) Like I said in my last blog, I dirtied as many dishes tonight as I washed when I got home...again, here is proof. Again, ugh to the dishes. Sadly, these don't even include the ones I dirtied making this dessert. For some reason I have been on a blogging mission the last 24 hours and I am on cloud 9 right now. I actually had to sit down now with a beer in hopes of calming down a bit from the cooking high, lol. No kidding.



Let's face it. We have all burnt a batch of cookies at least once. Whether you forgot to set the timer or just flat out got busy and didn't hear it, it has happened to us all. Well, the other day one of my sister's friends was making cookies for my Mom to take to a meeting and she accidentally burnt a batch and I mean they were hard as a rock, or so I hear. My mother, being the creative and resourceful one, did not want to throw a double hard as a rock cookies away so she improvised and used them in another way that was equally delicious.

So, I set off on a mission tonight to purposefully crispy-critter my chocolate chip cookies. I mean that. I put them in the oven and went and took a shower, read some recipes, and did some other stuff until I knew that they were going to be hard as a rock, lol. I really wanted to try her idea of using them as a pie crust. I didn't even make cookies the normal way since we were just given a batch of chocolate chip cookies last week by a friend...which Adam gobbled up like the cookie monster. When my mom did this she just make the crust and put chocolate pudding inside. It was a huge hit at a gathering she went to and she came back without a piece Monday. I tweaked it a little by adding bananas because I know that Adam like the combination. :) He got home right as I was putting the crust together and he grabbed pieces of it and ate it all burnt and crushed...like I said...COOKIE MONSTER!. So here you go.


Obviously Burnt :)

*Burn (either intentionally or by accident, each are equally full of love) about 12 chocolate chip cookies

*Let cookies cool and then crunch up into pieces with a rolling pin

*Add about 2 tablespoons of melted butter and mix together.

*Flatten into a pie pan and up the walls to make a crust.

*Line crust with banana slices (or don't like my Mom)

*Cover and refrigerate until pudding has set up.

*Slice and serve with cool whip (or without)

Sadly I don't have an image of a slice, trust me it was yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment