Thursday, February 9, 2012

Fireworks, Mountains, and Concerts...OH MY!

It seems like we did a lot more this summer than what I can find in photos. I guess that it just seems to escape my mind to take photos all of the time, even when my camera is usually in my purse.  I used to be sooo good at taking pictures! I guess that went out the window after my Doane days.  I guess I will post what I have pictures of and update if I find more later!

This summer we took in fireworks with our good friends Phil and Alena.  We love getting to spend time with them, but with as many nights and weekends as Phil and Adam work (both being chefs) it's hard for the four of us to get together. This summer we got to take in fireworks with them, which was a blast!
 


On a side note, Alena always wears dresses or a skirt when we go somewhere.  This may be a coincidence, but ironically enough I decided to wear a skirt tonight...She was in sweats this once! However, when I told her I dressed up because she usually did, she ended up changing into a dress anyways, lol.



Wow, he actually smiled...after a few attempts anyway!









Right after the 4th of July, we left the dogs with "sitters", packed up, and went to Gatlinburg, Tennessee for a long weekend.  We stayed in an amazing cabin and did so many things.  We used the time to "rekindle" and re-coop from our busy lives.





The first place that we hit up was the Mine Your Own Gems attraction.  Adam used to go to Gatlinburg as a child with his family, so he had a lot of memories that he wanted to re-create.



My care-free as a kid fiance with our finds! We ended up taking most of them home, but made a three stone ring for me out of a few of them.  It's silver with a garnet flanked by two topaz stone.  At first I was leery of Adam's choice, but then I realized they were our wedding colors and agreed that it would look fine.  It turned out beautiful! I don't have a picture of it, sadly. I may add one later.







We spent almost a whole morning and afternoon walking the "strip" of Gatlinburg.  We went to the Ripley's Believe It or Not museum, which was awesome.  We saw so many neat things...








Like this candy art picture of Sandra Bullock, amazing!

















Adam got to stand next to a life size statue of the world's tallest man.




 We went to see the Titanic museum later in the trip. There were so many amazing artifacts from the actual ship.  It was 3 hours well spent! I loved the touch of the iceberg on the outside.  Sadly, we couldn't take any photos inside :(






That night we went to Adam's favorite restaurant in Gatlinburg...Huck Finn's.  It was so good! Adam got the catfish and I had alligator.  They have all you can eat vittles, including: hush puppies, ham and beans, cole slaw, and pickles and onions. As you can see we were stuffed!







This was the view from the deck of our cabin.  It was beautiful! We spend a lot of time in the hot tub out there, listening to the crickets and cicadas.


On our last day we made the long, curvy drive to what was supposed to be an Indian reservation.  It turned out not to be what we thought, but the drive made the whole thing worth while!








Yikes! Talk about curves!






Pretty tunnel that we had to go through.











Our last night there Adam made an amazing supper and we spent time in the cabin enjoying the view...




and a little bit too bubbly of a bubble bath.  There was barely any water in the tub!  Oops!







We did so much when we were there that I won't mention it all. Needless to say we loved out stay at Bears Inn and plan on going back at some point before we leave Ohio.  The cabin was absolutely beautiful!  We had a great time getting away from reality for a few days.



In August I got to go see Rascal Flatts with  Adam's mom, sister, and his sister's friend.  It was an amazing show and we had great seats! Thanks Monica!

 



Sarah Evan's opened up, and she was fantastic!







I couldn't resist!

The show was amazing.  This was the first time that I had seen either in concert...but the best was yet to come! 

A few days later Adam and I went to see TIM MCGRAW with Monica and his sister Sarah.  Talk about awesome! The best part was that Monica ended up winning PIT PASSES for Tim!



The Band Perry was the first band to go on. They put on a good show with a lot of energy.




Then came Luke Bryan! I didn't think that I knew very many of his songs, I was sort of right.  However, Adam and I are now both HUGE Luke fans.  We are trying to go to another concert soon.  He was amazing.





He jumped and danced around the stage the whole time! I really think that he is going to be battling Sawyer Brown for entertainer of the year soon.  One of the best shows I have ever seen put on!




Sarah and I in the pit for Tim! VIP was amazing!





I have TONS of pictures of Tim McGraw. These are just a FEW of my favorites.







We ended up with 4 guitar picks, which was perfect for the four of us!





I even got to touch Tim's hand! I will always remember when my friend Whitney Wathor from high school swore her hand made it in a magazine.  I can't claim that, but it made me remember her and Rachel's obsession with Tim concerts.




All of us in the pit.  We had such a great time, despite the insane heat. 








The Band Perry came back out to sing with Tim....





and so did Luke!
Adam's way of thanking his mom. I couldn't resist, although I will probably catch flack if he ever sees this online.  Such an amazing concert even with Tim's bum foot in a cast!








No comments:

Post a Comment