Sunday, March 11, 2012

My New Favorite Dress Outfit

I have never written a post about clothing or an outfit before, but there is a first time for everything.  There are two reasons that I am blogging this outfit. First, it is super cute and comfortable. Second, it was veeeery cost effective, everything was on clearance!  

I wore this outfit today when we went to get our groomsmen's tux measurements and for my bridesmaid Amy and I to pick up our shoes for the wedding at David's Bridal. I have worn a similar outfit, different cardigan and shirt, in the past, but I love the way that this one came together. I do admit, I wore shorts under the skirt. I apologize for the horrible quality of the pictures. I was home alone and our lights don't light up the living room in the new apartment well.


The best part about this outfit is the that the entire thing (excluding my watch) was less than $50 dollars, and all of the pieces are very versatile.  Everything except the necklace was on major clearance!

                                    Shirt: Sears a while back  ~$7.00
                                    Boyfriend Cardigan: Sears  a few weeks ago  ~$8.50
                                    Skirt: Fashion Bug, about 6 months ago  ~$5.00
                                    Shoes: Target, last year  ~$7.00
                                    Necklace: Fashion Bug, recently  ~$14.00

                                    Total cost for look     ~ $45.00

 



Here is a close look at the shoes. They are pretty comfortable for being as high of a wedge as they are.  The skirt has black, purple, gray, and light pink in it which gives you many options for tops, shoes, etc...



 

 Close ups of the necklace. I love this necklace because it is sparkly and because it goes with almost everything. It is a silver/gray color, but because it is clear it transitions well and picks up almost any color that you put it on.

I love this outfit and think that I will wear it again with my silver/gray flats for a post session for the incoming graduate students in about a week. Have a great week everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment