Thursday, February 9, 2012

Chicken Marsala



The weather here has been up and down and up and back down again, and you know what that means...COLD, as in I have one.  I've been sick about two weeks now, but it is getting better.  I, however, refuse to go to the doctor for something as minor as a cold. Adam has been working his tush off and is seldom home to cook in the evenings anymore (insert big sad face).  Much of the time I find myself (shamefully so) making frozen foods (chinese, pizza, etc), but every once in a while I actually remember to thaw something out and have the energy to make a real supper when I get home from a long day at school/work.

A few weeks ago I made Adam's amazing version of Chicken Marsala.  He was not home and I was therefore on my own making it for the first time.  When he got home he told me good job and that is tasted a little different that his, but it was really good.  Turns out the only reason that it tasted different was because I bought cooking marsala and not actual drinking marsala.  I looked for the real thing, but couldn't find it at Kroger and quickly ran out of patience.  The cooking marsala was much easier to find! I even cooked it in his "special skillet" that he loves and always makes it in.  I much prefer my nonstick or stainless steal varieties, but didn't want to jinx myself ;)

Adam used to make this quite a big at home and I always love it. Now I can make it all on my own, yum! The only difference other than the marsala is that we usually serve it with linguine.  I didn't have any on hand, so I used my usual whole wheat pasta. Give this beauty of a recipe a try!

Ingredients:


4 thin sliced chicken breasts
8 oz fresh mushrooms
8-10 ounces marsala (for cooking or drinking)
4 cloves of fresh garlic (sliced)
Pasta of choice
Oil

Chicken Marsala





Heat a few tablespoons of oil in a skillet.  Cook chicken on medium-high heat in oil with garlic cloves, salt, and pepper.













When chicken is half way cooked, flip over; Add mushrooms (sliced) and marsala.  Make sure that you add a decent amount of marsala to the pan. I used half a regular bottle of cooking marsala.









Continue to cook until mushrooms and chicken are done.  Continue still to cook, stirring regularly, until the marsala is reduced to the consistency that you like.  I prefer thicker sauces, so I tend to reduce mine quite a bit.  Serve with your favorite pasta and enjoy!  Super easy, but so tasty!






No comments:

Post a Comment