Friday, June 11, 2010

Fresh Basil, Roasted Red Pepper, and Goat Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breasts

Okay, until now I could take full credit for everything that I have posted on my blog (for actually cooking it that is). However, that time has come to an end. I came home Tuesday to Adam making supper, which was great because... 1.) I didn't have to make it 2.) It was amazing and 3.) I was exhausted from a run around day in the lab.

I can take no credit for this dish whatsoever. He, being a chef, pulled this idea right out of his wazoo. The verdict...it was AMAZING!

Now don't go telling him (the whole 3 people who may read this) that I posted the "Chef's Secrets" on here, lol. This is what I got out of making the recipe since I was not actually there.

Stuffed Chicken
*Boneless, skinless chicken breasts
*Bread crumbs
*Olive oil
*Goat Cheese (about the size of a roll of quarters will be enough for 3-4 chicken breasts)
*Roasted red peppers (jarred or homemade)
*Fresh Basil

-Butterfly cut the chicken (gives you a long, thin breast for rolling later)
-Line one side with a few half leaves of fresh Basil (3-4 halves)
-Finger pat goat cheese (about a tablespoon or a little less) onto basil leaves, like pressing dough out.
-Line with roasted red peppers
-Roll chicken breast up
-Brush with olive oil and sprinkle with bread crumbs
-Bake until done

These were amazing. Sorry that the picture is not so great. I took it with my phone right before dinner.

2 comments:

  1. This looks amazing Kaylee! Thanks for the tips on rolling the chicken rather than stuffing it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. No problem Tessa. Hope you enjoy the chicken. Adam and I loved it. He "did me proud" lol.

    ReplyDelete