Sunday, September 6, 2009

Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins




My friend Rachel gave me this recipe and told me that they were to die for, healthy muffins. She was right! They have a very good flavor to them and were super yummy! I made them last week right after she e-mailed me the recipe and I will definitely be making them again, once this batch has been gone for a while. I usually end up sharing stuff like this with my lab-mates because it's a lot for one person!

Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins

Ingredients:
4 very ripe bananas
1 1/2 C whole wheat flour
1/2 cup brown sugar splenda (or 1 c. reg. sugar)
4 tbsp unsweetened apple sauce
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 egg
2 handfuls of Dark chocolate chips (Ghirardelli are the best)

Procedure:

Preheat oven to 350ยบ. Smash bananas to a pulp. In a small dish whisk egg. Add all ingredients together, except for the chocolate. Mix together with a big spoon. Add chocolate, and mix. Place in muffin tins (makes around 16) Cook for about 20 min. Be careful not to overcook them. They are a little hard to tell when done due to the bananas and chocolate chips. Cook and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment