Monday, September 10, 2012

Pumpkin Cinnamon Streusel Muffins

First off, let me say to the few of you who read my blog. I am so sorry that my blogging has been so sporadic lately. There are simply not enough hours in the day, and while I love blogging and sharing my recipes and what is going on in our lives it is often times takes the back burner...or a burner in a whole other house.

This is the third time that I have made these scrumptious muffins, and there are three things I must tell you about them first.  1.) They are my absolute favorite muffins ever and the hubs loves them too. 2.) I made them wrong the first time. I actually used pumpkin pie filling instead of plain pumpkin puree. Oops. 3.) I loved the way that they tastes, so I have continued to make them wrong ever since.

These amazing muffins come from Two Peas and Their Pod. Again, I have loved absolutely everything that I have tried from Josh and Maria's blog. If you have not been to their blog before, you MUST go now. They blog about pretty much everything, but mainly food. They also have a cute little son named Caleb, who they post about. Here is a link to Maria's original post. You must try to muffins, the right way or the wrong way. They are delectable and make you dream of fall weather while they are baking.

Pumpkin Cinnamon Streusel Muffins

Ingredients:


1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 tablespoon cinnamon
1 1/2 teaspoons nutmeg
1 1/2 cups sugar
1/2 cup canola oil
1/3 cup water
1 cup canned pumpkin (or pumpkin pie filling if you  mess up like me. It makes it sweeter and amazing)
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Brown Sugar Cinnamon Filling:
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
Streusel Topping:
1 1/4 cup oats
1 tablespoon flour
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
Dash of nutmeg
6 tablespoons cold butter, cut into chunks
Directions:
Preheat oven to 350. Line two muffin tins with liners and spray with cooking spray.
In a medium bowl, whisk together salt, flour, baking soda, nutmeg, and cinnamon.
In a large bowl (or mixer, I love my KitchenAid for this) mix together remaining ingredient for actual muffins.
Slowly stir in the flour mixture until combined.
For the filling, mix cinnamon and brown sugar together in a small bowl and set it aside.
For the topping, mix together all ingredients except butter. When they are combined well, mix in the butter with your hand until the mixture is crumbly.
Fill the muffin cups half way full with the pumpkin batter. Sprinkle the filling in over each half filled cup. Fill the muffin cups up with the remaining batter and crumble the topping on each one.
Bake for 17-20 minutes or until it passes the toothpick test. Let cool on a rack. Enjoy with a nice glass of milk or cup of coffee.


1 comment:

  1. These are so yummy! I'm making them for the 3rd time (following this recipe) tonight. :)

    ReplyDelete