Friday, July 17, 2009

Cajun Chicken Pasta


I found this recipe online and thought that is looked delicious! So, I decided to give it a try and see if I liked it. As it turns out, I absolutely love it, and it is now one of my favorite recipes. I cut the batch in half because I did not want to eat if for a week. Beware, I told a friend about it and she made a full batch and said there was enough pasta for 10 people. After chopping up the veggies, it only takes about 20 minutes to cook. I modified the recipe by leaving out the mushrooms (didn't feel like buying them) and doubling the cajun seasoning.


Cajun Chicken Pasta
12 ounces uncooked linguine
2 pounds chicken breast strips

1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning
1 1/4 teaspoons salt, divided
1/4 cup butter
1 small red bell pepper, thinly sliced*
1 small green bell pepper, thinly sliced*
1 (8-oz.) package fresh mushrooms
2 green onions (white and light green parts only), sliced*
1 1/2 cups half-and-half
1/4 teaspoon lemon pepper

1/4 teaspoon dried basil
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder

Garnish: chopped green onions


Prepare pasta according to package to the package


Sprinkle the Cajun seasoning and salt over the chopped chicken and cook in 1/4 cup of butter on medium-high for 5 or 6 minutes (until chicken is cooked). Then remove the chicken from the pan


Add the sliced bell peppers, mushrooms, and green onions to skillet, and sauté 9 to 10 minutes (or until vegetables are tender and liquid evaporates)


Return chicken to skillet; stir in half-and-half, next 3 ingredients, and remaining 1/4 tsp. salt. Cook, stirring often, over medium-low heat 3 to 4 minutes or until thoroughly heated.


Add the pasta, stir until heated through and ENJOY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment